PROJECT ASSOCIATE, RESTORATION ENGINEERING – FULL-TIME POSITION
Do you love solving problems? Would you like a career that provides you the opportunity to learn from experts in the building science and civil engineering fields as well as obtain hands-on experience on construction sites? Would you like to have fun while providing valued advice to the best clients? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
Synergy Partners is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm. Since our beginnings in 2014, we have grown to more than 45 employees. We believe our ongoing success is directly related to the success of our clients and employees, and we therefore make the following commitment:
• Trust: We will earn our clients’ ongoing trust by meeting their specific needs and expectations.
• Innovation: We will continuously look for creative solutions to maximize value and efficiency.
• Investment: We will invest the time and capital required to support best of class careers and services.
• Teamwork: We will provide a progressive, enjoyable project experience based on collective success.
• Respect: We will achieve mutual respect through integrity, clarity, and empathy.
• Apply engineering and building science principles to a variety of restoration engineering projects.
• Interact with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants.
• Coordinate and attend site visits for evaluation, design, and/or repair of existing building components.
• Accurately gather information on sites including taking notes, sketches, and photographs to relay information back to the project team.
• Assist with the preparation of evaluation reports and design and tender documents.
• Complete site reports and monitor the quality of building repairs regularly.
• Contribute to contract administration processes on construction projects.
• Present and communicate information in a concise and effective manner.
Knowledge and Skills to succeed:
• A degree in engineering (Civil), building sciences, or equivalent is a requirement.
• Co-op/internship experience related to key responsibilities is an asset.
• P.Eng designation or working towards it an asset.
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
• Strong report writing skills, including diligent sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Strong team player.
Synergy Partners welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
This role does require a driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
The position includes group benefits, including a health care spending account and pension.
For more information, please feel free to contact Michelle Donaldson at email@example.com