PROJECT ASSOCIATE, BUILDING CAPITAL PLANNING – FULL-TIME POSITION
Do you love solving problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career within the engineering consulting and real estate industries? Would you like to have fun while providing valued advice to the best clients? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
Synergy Partners is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm. Since our beginnings in 2014 we have grown to more than 45 employees. We believe that our ongoing success is directly related to the success of our clients and employees and we therefore make the following commitment :
• Trust: We will earn our clients’ ongoing trust by meeting their specific needs and expectations.
• Innovation: We will continuously look for creative solutions to maximize value and efficiency.
• Investment: We will invest the time and capital required to support best-of-class careers and services.
• Teamwork: We will provide a progressive, enjoyable project experience based on collective success.
• Respect: We will achieve mutual respect through integrity, clarity, and empathy.
• Coordinate and attend site visits.
• Visually review and assess conditions of all major building systems.
• Accurately gather information on sites including taking notes, sketches, and photographs to relay information back to the project team.
• Review existing reports and/or design drawings.
• Complete quantity take-offs for select building systems for use in developing repair/replacement budgets; assist in developing repair/replacement budgets.
• Author full or partial narrative reports.
Knowledge and Skills to succeed:
• A degree in engineering (Civil or Mechanical) is a requirement.
• P.Eng designation or working towards it.
• Critical thinking.
• Strong memory and ability to work on multiple projects at any one time
• Ability to analyze data from multiple sources and to present a reasonable recommendation for repairs and renewal.
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
• Motivated to learn about all building systems (structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical). Training will be provided.
• Strong report writing skills, including diligent sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.
• Strong team player.
This role does require a driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
The position includes group benefits, including a health care spending account and pension.
For more information, please feel free to contact Michelle Donaldson at email@example.com