Synergy Partners AODA Multi -Year Plan
Message from Management Committee
Synergy Partners is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, by contributing to an inclusive society and providing an accessible environment in which all individuals have access to our services and programs in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Synergy Partners supports the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and has established policies and procedures which are consistent with the accessibility standards established under the AODA, including accessible customer service, information and communication, and employment.
Synergy Partners is committed to meeting the requirements of existing legislation and to its own policies and goals.
This accessibility plan outlines the steps we are taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. The plan is reviewed and updated at least every 5 years.
1. Establishment of Accessibility policies – The Customer Service policy was created and implemented in 2016 along with training. This policy was reviewed annually to ensure it was updated as needed. The Accessible Integrated Standards, which incorporated the Customer Service policy was developed and implemented in 2023. Concurrent training was implemented as well.
2. Accessibility Plan – Synergy Partners reached 50+ employees in 2023. An accessibility plan was developed and implemented across the team.
3. Accessibility reports have been submitted in 2017, 2020, and 2023.
1. Training of Staff – All Synergy Partners employees have been and will continue to be trained in the Customer Service Standard and applicable Integrated Standards. Records of this training will be kept on file.
2. Support Persons and Service Animals – Synergy Partners welcomes support persons and service animals in our offices.
3. Policies – Synergy Partners has created and implemented this policy.
Information and Communications
1. Feedback from customers – As Synergy Partners does not have ‘customers’ or people outside of our employees visiting our office often, we don’t have formal feedback. We do have our general email inbox where visitors can let us know any concerns they may have.
2. Accessible Formats and Communication Supports – Communication supports will be provided in a timely manner which takes into account an individual person’s needs. Any reasonable costs associated with service shall not be incurred by the customer. The customer will be consulted with to determine the suitability of a communication support.
3. Accessible Website and Content – Synergy Partners’ website is not new but has been reviewed to ensure it is accessible.
1. Notify employees and the public about the availability of accommodations in our recruitment process – Synergy Partners utilizes a variety of methods to recruit. When posting open positions, information about the accommodations will be included in the job postings.
2. Notify applicants who have been invited to participate in a recruitment, assessment or selection process that accommodations are available – Synergy Partners will notify applicants when they are contacted for an interview about the availability of accommodations during the recruitment process. Notification will be provided by phone or email when booking an interview date and time.
3. Notify successful applicants of policies for accommodating employees with disabilities – Synergy Partners will notify the successful applicant(s) of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. All new hires will receive written offers of employment with this information.
4. Informing employees of available supports – Synergy Partners will inform all employees of our policies for supporting employees with disabilities. New employees must read these policies and the policies will be made available for review by all employees.
5. Accessible formats and communication supports for employees – Synergy Partners will, upon request , consult with an employee with a disability to determine which accessible formats or communication supports they require to perform the duties of their job.
4. Workplace Emergency Response – Synergy Partners will create an individual workplace emergency response plan for employees who have a disability and require accommodations/supports to evacuate their workplace in an emergency. With the employees’ consent, the person designated to provide assistance to the employee will be provided with the necessary information to assist the employee with the disability.
5. Documented individual accommodation plans – Synergy Partners will create an individualized accommodation plan for any employee for which they have been made aware has a disability. There may be times when we may initiate a dialogue to offer assistance for employees who are clearly unwell or perceived to have a disability. The employee will be included in the development of the plan. This plan will be reviewed when there is a change in the employee’s disability or job.
6. Return to Work Process – Synergy Partners has in place a return-to-work process for its employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. The return-to-work process will be documented. If an individual’s injury is covered by the return-to-work provisions of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, then that Act’s return to work process would apply.
7. Performance Management – Under the AODA, the term performance management means activities related to assessing and improving employee performance, productivity and effectiveness with the goal of facilitating employee success. Synergy Partners will consider the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities in the area of performance management.
8. Career Development and Advancement – Synergy Partners will take into account what accommodations employees with disabilities may need to succeed elsewhere in the business or to take on new responsibilities within their current position. If the employee has an individualized accommodation plan in place, the plan will be updated to reflect the changes in their new responsibilities.
9. Redeployment (reassignment of employees to other departments or jobs within the organization as an alternative to layoff) – In the event that Synergy Partners initiates a redeployment process, it will consider the accessibility need of employees with disabilities when moving them to other positions within the organization. If the employee has an individual accommodation plan, the plan will be reviewed and updated to reflect the changes in their new responsibilities.