We are actively looking for a Building Enclosure Specialist that can work with our project teams on new construction and building enclosure renewal/restoration projects. Key responsibilities would include:
- Review Architectural details and specifications and provide advice on improving performance, constructability, and/or durability;
- Perform modeling to inform design (e.g. estimate effective thermal performance parameters used in energy modeling, check condensation control, etc.);
- Review and comment on laboratory or field testing programs;
- Review and comment on shop drawing submissions;
- Review and report on glazing or wall system fabrication in the manufacturing plant;
- Review and report on wall, roof, and glazing system installation in the field;
- Review and report on field testing.
Building Enclosure Renewal/Restoration Projects:
- Field evaluation of various building enclosure components/assemblies
- Assisting with preparation of reports, specifications, and details
- Construction field review and contract administration
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of two to five years’ experience, including demonstrated learning, communication, organizational, time management and team collaboration skills with an engineering or building science education. The ability to deal with multiple projects, deliverables and clients is an integral part of the role. Knowledge of computer software such as Therm, WUFI, and/or Heat3 is an asset.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume on the main Careers page of our website.