Synergy Partners is a dynamic, employee-owned company providing engineering solutions to real estate clients in the commercial, industrial, multi-unit residential and institutional markets.
We are committed to providing a progressive, enjoyable work environment based on collective success. We have experienced considerable growth since inception in 2014 and we continue to grow with strong demand for our services.
We are looking for an engineer in training to work closely with an experienced mechanical engineer who will mentor and fast-track your career in evaluating and retrofitting HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation systems in existing buildings. The work will involve visiting sites in the GTA and some travel across Canada.
You will be responsible for drafting plans, schematics and details using AutoCAD. Bluebeam will be one of the tools used to facilitate transfer or mark-ups between project team members.
Ideally, the candidate will have 2-years’ experience with drafting and designing mechanical systems for buildings and have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. Internship and co-op experience will be counted towards this experience.
We are looking for an individual who is a quick learner and who will thrive in a busy, fast-paced learning environment with a steep learning curve.
- Clear and concise report writing skills will be needed for evaluations, design briefs and specifications
- You will be required to reference and apply applicable building codes, standards, and any other jurisdictional requirements in the course of your work
- Complete detailed calculations using industry programs and spreadsheets for the analysis of existing systems and/or design of new retrofit systems
- Interface with equipment suppliers and contractors
- Assist with administering projects during construction, including preparing contract documents, reporting on progress, review of shop drawings and change notices, issuing site instructions, responding to requests for information, certifying payments, and site visit reports
- Work within a team environment
- Applicable coursework in HVAC design or heat transfer and thermodynamics required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and ability to draft HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems. Experience with Autodesk 2D MEP is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Giving structure to your own ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction